We’re excited to announce we’ve raised a $200 million Series D funding to accelerate our mission of creating a future of solar energy for all. This round was co-led by current investors Coatue and Energize Ventures with participation from Fifth Wall, ICONIQ, and new investors, Lux Capital and Emerson Collective. Hot off the heels of our $250 million Series C last May, this is a major milestone for our rapidly growing team and a sign of the solar industry’s extraordinary growth.
To learn more about what we’re doing with our funding, we invite you to join us at our free Sunrise Demo Day, on March 2nd, where we’ll be sharing a first look at some of Aurora’s most anticipated new features.
This decade is going to be pivotal for solar, and we’re excited to work even harder and faster to help our customers keep up with demand and guide them through their digital transformation.
With this additional capital, we’ll look to accelerate our product development and extend Aurora’s platform to every member of a solar organization. Our goal is for sales, marketing, operations, designers, and beyond to be able to work seamlessly from Aurora — because they all play a critical part in putting solar within reach for more people.
What does that look like in practice? We’ve recently released a number of products to help our customers tackle some of the industry’s biggest challenges and make the entire solar sales process — from the first customer interaction to when they sign on the dotted line — easier for the whole team:
- Lead Capture AI (LCAI): A lead engagement product that allows you to capture, educate, and engage leads that come to your website. LCAI uses Artificial Intelligence to automatically design a preliminary solar system for a homeowner.
- Sales Mode AI (SMAI): Sales reps can now quote, sell, and close deals in real-time, right on their tablet.
These products contain exciting features to make finding and closing customers faster and better than before:
- Using AI, 3D solar designs can be created in less than 30 seconds with just the click of a button
- Personalized, interactive proposals that keep customers engaged after the initial consultation
- Integrated financing and e-signature capabilities so sales reps can make a one call close, without having to manage multiple software applications
These are just a few of the exciting things we’ve been working on. And we have a whole lot more heading your way soon.
We want to send a special thank you to you for helping communities around the world transition from fossil fuels to solar, and for trusting us to help power your business every day. From day one, we’ve been working on reimagining the solar design and sales processes for you — and with you in mind. We’re committed to listening and delivering features that support your needs.
To make a future powered by solar energy a reality, we’re going to need all the help we can get. If you share our vision for the future, want to work at the intersection of technology and solar energy, and want to take on a global challenge, we invite you to join our team!